Monday, April 27, 2009

Buy local, save the world!

Spring has finally arrived in State College. (And so has summer, apparently.) Grass is greening, flowers are blooming, and everyone is sneezing. My own long awaited milestone: sandal day. This record day usually begins with a fresh coat of toenail polish and ends with a new pair of sandals. It’s my favorite time of year!

This year Appalachian Outdoors  is helping me shop with a purpose. From now until May 5th, you can trade a pair of gently used shoes for a 20 percent discount on a new pair of Chaco footwear. Appalachian Outdoors in partnership with Soles4Souls will distribute the donated shoes to those in need. Since 2004 Soles4Souls has donated more than 4 million pairs of shoes worldwide.

As I head off to search for a used pair of shoes (or five), I’m reminded why I support this great local store. Join me by cleaning out your own closet and finding something to donate.

Buy local, save the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment